Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What ever happened to respect?

I have pondered this topic many times. I try to remember how my parents taught me to respect my elders. I can't remember any specific thing that they did- it's as if I was just instinctively mindful that you show respect to adults. In reality, that probably isn't the case at all. But it's been a part of me so long that I don't know where or how it started. How do I transfer that to my children? They didn't get it instinctively and it drives me nuts when they sass or backtalk. I have heard many many times that children mimic what they see and hear at home. If that's the case then I should have a couple extremely respectful teenagers- but I don't. What went wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions, advice, disappointments, and successes do matter. However, please be respectful of all readers and their thoughts as well. Debate is welcome, profanity is not. We reserve the right to edit content deemed unhealthy or inappropriate by us as well as content submitted with explicit language.

hit counters